Job Number 19148149
Job Category Event Management
Location The Hotel Saskatchewan| Autograph Collection| 2125 Victoria
Avenue| Regina| Saskatchewan| Canada
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott|s Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury
independent partner hotels| each with its own distinct personality|
experience| style and features. Located in major cities and desirable
destinations around the world| Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect
their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an
innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales| property
departments and customer to ensure consistent| high level service throughout
the pre-event| event and post-event phases of property events. This position
primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to
service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-
selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and
acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event
Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s
primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works
with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post
event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate
group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event
process (pre-event| event| post-event).
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual)
for his/her groups.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations
team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal
and external) regarding event details.