Job Number 19160033
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Parq Vancouver| 39 Smithe Street| Vancouver| British
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales| property
departments and customer to ensure consistent| high level service throughout
the pre-event| event and post-event phases of property events. This position
primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to
service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-
selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and
acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event
Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s
primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works
with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post
event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate
group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event
process (pre-event| event| post-event).
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual)
for his/her groups.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations
team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal
and external) regarding event details.