Job Number 19117595
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort| 1310 Water St|
Kelowna| British Columbia| Canada
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations| you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-
renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a
Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the
hospitality job and career journey that|s right for you. With more than 1100
managed properties and 19 brands you|ll find Marriott International in your
neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™
at Delta Hotels.
Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area
departments (e.g.|Front Office| Engineering/Maintenance|Housekeeping) and
managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction
and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance
withstandards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting
or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 2 years
experience in the guest services| front desk| housekeeping| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Room Operations Team
• Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest
tracking and productivity.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation|
empowerment| teamwork| continuous improvement and a passion for providing
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game
plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and
expectations| and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
• Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area
departments (e.g.| Front Office| Engineering/Maintenance| Housekeeping).
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all
guest satisfaction forms| comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable
for all guests.
• Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with General Manager
(GM) & Regional Director (RD).
• Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
• Reviews financial statements| sales and activity reports| and other
performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine
areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Strives to maximize the financial performance of the department.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
• Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed
in a timely fashion.