Job Number 19001ATT
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location The St. Regis Toronto| 325 Bay Street| Toronto| Ontario| Canada
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes|
including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes.
Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing|
ledger reconciliation| reporting and discrepancy resolution.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Finance and Accounting or
related major; 1 year experience in finance and accounting or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• Coordinates| implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all
areas of the property.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Compiles| codes| categorizes| calculates| tabulates| audits| or verifies
information or data.
• Balances credit card ledgers.
• Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for
direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to
• Completes period end function each period.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding
accounting and budgeting policies and procedures| and efficient control and
utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| develop financial spreadsheets| set up functions| enter data| or
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Demonstrates personal integrity.
• Uses effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information
in a timely manner.
• Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise well organized
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Makes collections calls if necessary.