Job Number 20028332
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Calgary Downtown| 239 12th Avenue SW|
Calgary| Alberta| Canada
Brand Fairfield by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott allows guests to travel with confidence by
giving them just what they need at an exceptional value. As a member of our
team you|ll deliver outstanding service so travel is easy| comfortable and
productive for our guests. Find Your World™ at Fairfield Inn & Suites by
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with
responsibility for all aspects of the operation| including: managing general
property performance| managing and sustaining sales and marketing strategy|
managing profitability| managing revenue generation| and delivering a return
on investment to both Marriott International and ownership. Leads the team in
the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Acts as a
steward and key leader for reinforcing Residence Inn’s culture. Supports the
implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the
objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and developing strong
associate teams. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in
the sales process.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 6 years mixed management
experience in the guest services| front desk| housekeeping| sales and
marketing| management operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 4 years mixed management experience in the guest
services| front desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management
operations| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
• Verify that service programs are in place and executed against (e.g.|
Service So Memorable).
• Provide timely| real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on
service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of
service and operational details.
• Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments.
• Create and support clear lines of responsibility for management team|
including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
• Walk the property to ensure public spaces| grounds| work and kitchen areas
meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
• Manage the flow of labor between departments to support effective management
of Labor Budget and achievement of profitability goals.
• Act as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g.|
renovations| reinventions| refreshes| signage| etc.).
• Delegate responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level
• Prepare for QA audits (i.e.| daily and pre-visit activities).
Managing and Sustaining Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
• Interact with in-house guests to prospect for new sources of business.
• Work with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy| extended stay
occupancy (ESOcc) targets| sales goals| and action plans.
• Understand and leverage sales and marketing advantages over competitor
properties within market.
• Coach and reinforce associate selling strategies that take advantage of
• Work with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for
the property (e.g.| goal setting| setting rates| ESOcc| etc.).
• Develop innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through
• Ensure direct sales staff fully utilizes e-tools (e.g.| e-proposals| e-mail
signatures)| as appropriate.
• Participate in and host customer recognition events to drive sales.
• Monitor sales strategy with RSO to ensure ongoing effectiveness and
• Participate in the property sales review (PSR).
• Identify key revenue generating stakeholders and customers and communicate
information to sales offices.
• Collaborate with Regional Marketing & eCommerce Managers to develop and/or
sustain marketing and eCommerce strategies for the hotel.
• Measure| analyze| and communicate property performance using a variety of
financial/non-financial data including controllable costs| sales revenue|
guest satisfaction| and associate engagement data.
• Monitor and forecast future ESOcc and length of stay rate tiers to inform
revenue management and profitability strategy.
• Manage on-property controllable costs associated with rooms| housekeeping|
events| and food and beverage operations.
• Initiate action to support property revenue and profitability goals.
• Update and communicate profit forecasts to associates/managers.
• Review and sign off on invoices.
• Review Property Distribution Summary (OnDemand) and Purchase Detail Reports;
identify| research| and resolve balance issues.
• Consolidate reports needed for period-end review (e.g.| P&L| Accounting
Scorecard| Banking Report and Statistics| PACE| credit card fraud report).
• Review property performance on period basis with Regional Director.
Maintaining Revenue Management Goals
• Manage the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g.|
participate in routine calls| strategy meetings| periodic update meetings|
• Review and work with appropriate revenue management reports (e.g.| Demand
Eye Chart| Benchmark Pricing Evaluator| Rate/Value Matrix| Smith Travel
Research (STR) reports| etc.).
• Balance inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders (e.g.| Owner and Above
• Keep brand leadership team| owners| and above property stakeholders updated
on property performance in the areas of financials| guest satisfaction| and
• Prepare and present reports for owners and above property leadership using
• Conduct property critique.
• Conduct annual business reviews.
• Respond to off-property (e.g.| regional and owner) requests for sales
information (e.g.| Market Outlook| STR Report critique| etc.).
• Participate in ad hoc owner conference calls and respond appropriately to
Managing and Conducting Human Resource activities
• Conduct performance review process for associates (including LPP/HPP| career
plan form| development plans| associate information form| mid-year check-ins|
90-day check-ins for new associates| etc.).
• Understand the performance expectations for all positions within the
property (e.g. front desk associate| gourmet attendant| etc).
• Manage ongoing development of managers (e.g.| one on one coaching| providing
stretch assignments| etc.).
• Cascade/Deliver training to associates (e.g.| Service So Memorable Quarterly
• Facilitate cross training to support associate professional growth and
• Conduct day to day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the
property (e.g.| compensation actions| initiation and approval of hiring
• Lead associates through property changes| and help them transition into new
• Facilitate on property activities that communicate and reinforce Residence
Inn culture with associates (e.g.| RIsolution Days| Culture Strength Survey|
Culture Council participation| Daily Huddles| etc.).
• Complete management training (e.g.| ConnectU| GM conferences| HR Skills|
• Support recruitment and hiring efforts from various sourcing channels (e.g.|
local job fairs| Internet| referrals) to target associates with skill sets
(e.g.| rooms operations) compatible for operational needs.
• Manage e-mail.
• Manage daily paper mail.
• Participate in conference calls (e.g.| sales| promotion| Q&A| property
• Provide follow-up information to Regional Director and other Extended
Stay/Select Service executives.
• Prepare for Regional Director visits (e.g.| pulling and consolidating