Job Number 19120463
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel| 123 Queen St W| Toronto| Ontario|
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Oversees revenue management activities and managers within area of purview.
Responsible for balancing the financial objectives of different lodging
products to maximize total revenues and profit associated with guest rooms.
Position is accountable for pricing| positioning and inventory of all hotels
within area of purview. Oversees all processes associated with demand|
revenue| inventory| forecasting and opportunity analysis. Develops and
recommends sales strategy for pricing of the transient customer| wholesale|
and group segments. Identifies new revenue opportunities and effectively
communicates sales strategy and pricing to all key stakeholders. Acts as
primary contact and maintains productive relationships with all stakeholders|
including hotel General Managers| sales leaders| franchisees and owners.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Finance and Accounting| Economics| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related
major; 2 years experience in the revenue management| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration| Finance and Accounting| Economics| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Analyzes information| identifies current and potential problems and proposes
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends|
future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes
transient booking patterns.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning| information
accuracy and competitor positioning.
• Identifies the underlying principles| reasons| or facts of information by
breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Observes| receives| and otherwise obtains information from all relevant
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past
strategies; identifies areas needing improvement| identifies competitor set
strengths| and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
• Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
• Generates yearly room revenue budget.
Managing Revenue Management Strategy
• Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales
• Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general
managers| property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Initiates| implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated|
implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation
• Assists in creating and verbalizing positioning and long-term strategies for
all segments (group| transient| catering) that are in alignment with brand
standards and property objectives.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and
• Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Ensures Operation Teams are aware of current strategies and have the
information needed to execute them (daily strategies| current day inventory
management| and package inclusions).
Building Successful Relationships
• Communicates brand initiatives| demand and market analysis to
• Communicates market direction to revenue management| sales and hotel
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others| and
maintains them over time.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results| achievements and
challenges to the stakeholders.
• Informs and/or updates executives| peers and subordinates on relevant
information in a timely manner.
• Enters| transcribes| records| stores| or maintains information in written or
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage
projects| achieve goals| and resolve problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.