Job Number 19143355
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel| 800 Place Liegh-
Capreol| Dorval| Quebec| Canada
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader. The position
champions| develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver
products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the
brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the
financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on
investment. In addition| creates and executes a business plan that is aligned
with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution
of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years
experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Master|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve profit| including estimating cost and benefit|
exploring new business opportunities| etc.
• Analyzes information| forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual
• Compiles information| analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for
more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles| reasons| or facts of information by
breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop| execute and implement new
• Creates the annual operating budget for the property.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving
and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
• Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard
assets| improve operations and profitability.
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business
plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic direction.
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating
department’s actual and projected sales.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in
Leading Finance & Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals| the focus and the owner priorities to
subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence
the executive team| the property|s strategies and to lead own team.
• Oversees internal| external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other
departments managers| clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Attends meetings and communicating with the owners| understanding the
priorities and strategic focus.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners| corporate|
• Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is
easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs
and owner requirements.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Develops and supports achievement of performance goals| budget goals| team
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by
appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g.| costs are properly matched to
revenue| costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully
perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on
their individual strengths| development needs| career aspirations and
• Conduct performance review process for employees.
• Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.