Job Number 19000VGD
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Toronto| 181 Wellington Street West| Toronto|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assist the Director of Banquets in the management of all aspects of food and
beverage service in accordance with banquet standards. Directs| motivates and
ensures the performance of Banquet Staff| so that all procedures are completed
to the hotel|s requirements and standards. Ensure accomplishment of all
related Banquet Event Orders| providing clear and concise communication to
everyone having ownership in the success of the events. Monitors and controls
financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. He
or she must identify training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Assists in developing and managing all financial| employee engagement and
guest satisfaction plans and actions for banquet department.
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation|
empowerment| teamwork| continuous improvement and a passion for providing
• Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactively to employee|s concerns.
• Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Provides the leadership| vision and direction to bring together and
prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and
• Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and ensures that
appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
retention. Develops Banquets Captain in exceeding Customer Expectations
• Responds quickly and proactively to guest|s concerns.
• Understands the brand|s service culture.
• Ensures that all employees| team leaders and managers understand the brand|s
• Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has
been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
• Ensures all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest|s
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches| mentors| or
otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| develops formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaches or instructs others.
• Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based
on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through
logs| department meetings and property meetings.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._
_ Notification to Applicants: The Ritz-Carlton| Toronto takes seriously
its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act| 2005 and will provide accommodations to job
applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to
this job posting| our online application or an interview| please call
905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member
of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that
this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to
request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process._