Job Number 19083970
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown| 209 4 Ave SE| Calgary| Alberta|
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations| you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-
renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a
Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the
hospitality job and career journey that|s right for you. With more than 1100
managed properties and 19 brands you|ll find Marriott International in your
neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™
at Delta Hotels.
Assists with supervising Food and Beverage (F&B)/culinary daily operations|
and monitors compliance with all F&B policies| standards| and procedures. .
Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies| cleaning supplies| and uniforms.
Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objectives are met. Manages day-to-day operations| monitors
quality| and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily
basis. Maintains the operating budget| and verifies that standards and legal
obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies| cleaning
supplies and uniforms.
• Assists with uupervising daily F&B/culinary shift operations and monitors
compliance with all F&B policies| standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Maintains the operating budget| and verifies that standards and legal
obligations are followed.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g.|General clean)|
identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations| monitors quality| and standards and meets the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.