Job Number 19077746
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Delta Hotels Whistler Village Suites| 4308 Main St| Whistler|
British Columbia| Canada
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations| you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-
renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a
Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the
hospitality job and career journey that|s right for you. With more than 1100
managed properties and 19 brands you|ll find Marriott International in your
neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™
at Delta Hotels.
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day
activities in Housekeeping| Recreation/Health Club and Laundry| if applicable.
Position directs and works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and
public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for
corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Ensures knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations are up to date.
• Oversees all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all
housekeeping policies| standards and procedures.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Manages linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of
supplies as necessary.
• Supervises Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director
of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supports training initiatives for all current and new employees.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Communicates performance expectations to Housekeeping employees in
accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Coaches| counsels and encourages employees.
• Manages payroll administration.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objectives are met.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of Housekeeping
employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Handles employee progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business
demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Supervises the Housekeeping shifts including |breaking out the house.|
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| giving feedback