Job Number 20015534
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel| 1201 Rene-Levesque Blvd West|
Montreal| Quebec| Canada
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations|
ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided.
Represents property management in resolving any guest related situation.
Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Serves as
Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
Post-secondary education required; DEC in Hotel management preferred; __
2 to 4 years Front Office| Housekeeping| Guest Services experience required;
2 years’ experience in managing or supervising a team;
Must be fully bilingual (French and English);
Strong computer skills.
Excellent interpersonal| communication and customer service skills;
Attention to detail| possess organizational skills and multi-tasking skills;
Able to supervise the employees| to attribute tasks and evaluate the service offered;
Must be available to work a variety of shifts| including evening shifts| overnight shifts and weekends;
Must have open availability;
Ability to motivate and promote a team environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support
property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems
that may arise through the general operation of the property.
• Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity
of the property is maintained| guest satisfaction is achieved| and employee
well being is preserved.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to
create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations|
recognizes performance| and produces desired results.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management areas of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
plans to improve guest satisfaction.
Implementing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review
• Manages payroll administration.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
• Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident| death|
elevator| thefts| vicious crimes| bombs| fire| etc.
• Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.