Job Number 190012JX
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The St. Regis Toronto| 325 Bay Street| Toronto| Ontario| Canada
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations| including maintaining the
building| grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety|
security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget| capital
expenditure projects| preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the
emergency response team for all facility issues. Helps to increase guest and
employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 2 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Manages the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration| HVAC|
plumbing| water treatment and electrical systems.
• Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Manages and controls heat| light and power and recommends current best
methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
• Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and
administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors
timeliness and quality of completion.
• Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds| guestrooms| public space|
restaurants| property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection
and overseeing execution of plan.
• Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction
• Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely
completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city
building/zoning department| fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures| equipment
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are
maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment| sprinkler
systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is
taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Assists in training other department employees in fire protection| safety
and evacuation procedures.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in performing operational activities as necessary.