To be eligible to apply for this position you must live in the Greater Toronto Area and be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants at this time.
To provide carpenter task support to all departments of the hotel. Maintain all furniture and millwork in good appearance and condition. Work with the entire maintenance team to attain highest levels of guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction at the Chelsea Hotel.
· Checks daily for work requests assigned to him on work order board.
· With Assistant Director of Property Maintenance and Maintenance Coordinator, sets daily priorities for repair and preventative maintenance work orders.
· Carries pager for purpose of timely response to work requests through the Maintenance Coordinator.
· Uses parts inventory book to ensure an adequate supply of materials, hardware, glue, adhesives, varnish and stains are in stock to perform all required tasks.
· Make immediate requests to Assistant Director of Property Maintenance for any necessary stores of timber, plywood, drywall, Formica in the Carpenter Store.
· Maintains carpenter shop, tool cart and work areas in a clean condition at all times.
· Maintains and operates all hand tools and power tools in proper and safe manner.
· Observes all Fire & Safety Regulations in the work place. Participates in fire drills.
· Complies with all Health & Safety regulations in the workplace. Uses personal safety equipment as required.
· Attends annual training for Whimis, Ladder training, MSDS and other courses as suggested by Maintenance supervisors.
· Previous experience as a Carpenter is necessary.
· Operate and use all tools and equipment as required.
· Maintain a positive morale and professional attitude.
· Strong Guest service and listening skills. Handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Good command of the English language; must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues & guests.
· Lift and climb ladders
· Lift lumber and shelving
· Bending and stretching
· Push tool cart stocked tools
· Stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Work varied hours/days based on business needs; work overtime as required.
· Move or handle materials; including equipment, tools. climbing ladders.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Frequently use hand and finger motions and reach with hands and arms; bending, stretching and lifting.
The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Chelsea Hotel, Toronto will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative.