Posting Date Dec 29, 2020
Job Number 20201516
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, 1050 Paignton House Rd, Minett, ONT, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Majestic Realty Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is hiring various full time and part time Housekeeping positions which include; room attendants, house attendants, laundry attendants and lobby attendants.
What is in it for you?
• Competitive Compensation
• Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
• Comprehensive Wellness Platform
• Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/
• Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka & Marriott International
What you will be doing?
• Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments
• Assisting fellow associates with cleaning of guest rooms
• Delivering linens, cots, extra dishes etc. to guest rooms upon request
• Emptying garbage and recycling as required
• Assisting with stocking public restrooms as required
• Responding to guest requests
• Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas and guest rooms
• Remove items from hallways and transport to service areas, including debris, room service and food & beverage trays, unread newspapers, soil linens and trash placed near housekeeper carts
• Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
• Check that all equipment is in working order
• Keep laundry room and surrounding area clean and organized
• Sort items prior to loading washing machine
• Change loads from washing machine to dryer
• Sort and fold towels, sheets, bedding, uniforms etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
• Work experience in the hospitality industry an asset
• Experience with a property management system
• Proficient with computer systems, and ability to learn new programs
• Able to work flexible hours (early morning, evening and occasional split shifts)
• Ability to deal with high-pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
• Solutions-orientated, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving techniques
• Highly motivated and guest driven with a passion to continually exceed expectations and anticipate needs
• Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.