Brand: Holland America
Date posted: 17-12-2021
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
• 3+ year experience in a supervisory position preferably in a multi-nationality setting with a proven ability to provide orientation and training.
• Experience in high volume operation of at least 500 meals per service.
• Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
• Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
• Experience working in all major culinary brigade stations with extensive knowledge in designated station.
• Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs.
• Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
• Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
• Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
• Assist the Executive Sous Chef in implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures for the galley in accordance with USPH standards.
• Follows all HACCP procedures set by the company.
• Directly supervise all food being prepared and served in assigned specialty restaurant according to standard menus and recipes as established by the company.
• Responsible for Guest Satisfaction Scores pertaining to food taste, food variety and presentation, as well as general food experience.
• Assists Executive Sous Chef with implementing menu cycles.
• Ensure all food related budget and targets are met.
• Assists the Executive Chef in directing, supervising and training of all employees assigned to the specialty restaurant.
• Follows training program for all new hires.
• Ensures all team members are adhering to company standards in their overall performance, appearance, crew and personal conduct.
• Prepares work schedules for galley restaurant team members for approval by the Executive Sous Chef.
• Monitors and controls actual hours worked and records and reports information to the Executive Sous Chef. Maintains all ILO regulations in regards to work hours.
• Assists the Executive Chef in preparing objective performance reports for Petty officers and crew on a monthly basis in order to make recommendations for advancement.
• Ensure quality and quantity of items ordered and received onboard. Ensures proper storage in accordance to USPH procedures and thereafter in accordance to standard corporate recipes, reporting any discrepancies to the Executive Sous Chef.
• Supervises and inspects overall operation cleanliness and clean up after each service period following provided checklists and cleaning schedules.
• Works closely with Chef de Parties to identify and assign all cleaning responsibilities.
• Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Sous Chef.
• Supervises and ensures proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in all kitchen areas in order to ensure good appearance, condition and adherence to all USPH standards.