A Human Resources Coordinator coordinates and implements department activities and projects, as assigned. Provides clerical and office support and assistance to department management.
What will I be doing?
The Human Resources Coordinator coordinates and implements department activities and projects, as assigned. Provides clerical and office support and assistance to department management. Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Maintain a good working relationship with other department, employees, and guests
- Advise and assist in employee relations and inquiries related to human resources legislation and the union collective agreement
- Maintain communication with departments involved in the assigned project/activity
- Answer telephone and assist internal and external guests with requests
- Greet internal and external customers when entering the department
- Maintain detailed filing system and HRIS
- Assist with WSIB administration, filing reports, managing claims, monitoring and implementing RTW programs
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all new team member documentation and acknowledgement of Hilton Worldwide global policies
- Assist with the full-cycle recruitment initiatives for all department and internship positions
- Benefit Plan Administrator, maintaining and tracking benefit eligibility, enrollment, ongoing changes, and terminations
- Participate in employee recognition programs and activities on Hilton H360 website
- Coordinate team member activities such as Annual Dinner Dance, Kids Christmas Party, etc.
What are we looking for?
A Human Resources Coordinator serving Hilton Brand hotels is always working on behalf of our Guest and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, skills, and values that follow:
- A passion and enthusiasm to be part of a winning team
- A bachelor’s degree or postgraduate certificate in Human Resources Management
- Previous experience or in an equivalent role
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service, both internally and externally
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated trust and confidentiality as a member of the Human Resources Team
- Proficiency, at an intermediate level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft programs
- Currently have or are working towards CHRP Designation
- Knowledge of hospitality is an asset