Job Number 19001AFP
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District| 10360 102 Street NW|
Edmonton| Alberta| Canada
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally
assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops
and directs team to provide consistent| high quality service. Communicates
performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for
managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and
maintenance of equipment.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards| policies| and procedures (SOPs|
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner
Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g.| china| glass| silver| buffet
presentations| props| and other service equipment needs).
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in
controlling liquor costs| managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory
and requisitioning liquor.
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an
event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards| while
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and
cutting edge cuisine| and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development
and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses
on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires Banquet captains and employees with appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.