Canada Compliance Sr Advisor
The Dell Financial Services (|DFS|) Regulatory Compliance Department is
looking for a candidate with strong Canada regulatory compliance skills-
specifically in PIPEDA and provincial laws and regulations. The candidate must
possess an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the financial services
industry- including the applicable laws and regulations. Experience in
provincially licensed lending is a plus. Primary focus for this candidate will
be to provide regulatory support to the Canada business; however- th
individual may provide oversight support to other business units an
The Regulatory Compliance Senior Advisor is responsible for developing
implementing and monitoring DFS` regulatory compliance program. This position
assists business units in identifying- controlling and monitoring our
The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to:
Apply a working knowledge of the Canada regulatory compliance requirements in
a financial services organization- including reading and interpreting
provincial laws and regulations.
• Provide both day-to-day guidance and strategic planning assistance to the
business units on regulatory compliance requirements.
• Conduct compliance reviews of business units to identify potential breaches
of DFS compliance requirements and propose remedial actions.
• Develop scope areas and execute in-depth compliance reviews. Provide through
reports of compliance reviews and summary level reports for leadership.
• Recognize compliance- credit and operational risks in the compliance system
and business processes.
• Assist business units in developing and implementing corrective action for
compliance deficiencies identified in its business program including
participating in developing and implementing changes to policies- processes
• Respond to complex compliance questions & requests from the business units.
• Provide regulatory training to DFS employees and drive awareness of
• Identify- diagnose and resolve complex problems.
• Prepare responses to regulatory inquiries- examinations and investigations.
• Work with management to foster a compliance culture across the organization.
• Actively participate on project teams as necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and perform reviews of business processes and outputs for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations.
• Interpret laws and regulations to assess applicability and requirements for
DFS. Seek guidance from the Legal department as needed.
• Enhance the development and implementation of compliance protocols as new
regulations emerge and laws change.
• Work with business partners to develop preventive controls through policies-
processes and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Provide regulatory support on existing business practices and new business
• Utilize analytic methods and software to detect potential compliance
• Advise compliance management of issues- recommend corrective actions and
work with business units to implement changes.
• Respond to complex compliance questions & requests from the business.
• Identify- diagnose and resolve complex problems affecting DFS` compliance
Qualifications Knowledge- Skills- and Abilities.In-depth knowledge of Canadian
regulatory requirements and the proven ability to apply that knowledge in
• Working knowledge of financial services procedures and operations.
• Ability to independently perform compliance related research and reviews.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to make logical and reasoned
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage through ambiguous
problems establish priorities and effectively work across multiple areas.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively on teams and as an independent contributor with
limited direction and oversight.
• Proficient in translating complex data and analyses into actionable
findings- strategies and tactics.
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft applications (including Word- Excel and
Education / Experience:
• Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree
and 4-6 years relevant experience.
• 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and
We offer highly competitive salaries- bonus programs- world-class benefits-
and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a
compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would relish the challenge of auditing in an organization generating
more than 60 billion U.S. dollars- this is your opportunity to develop with
Dell Canada Inc. (|Dell|) is committed to fostering an inclusive- accessible
environment- where all employees and customers feel valued- respected and
supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the
diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve- and
creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach
her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women- Aboriginal persons-
persons with disabilities- ethnic minorities- visible minorities- and others
who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities-
Dell will- upon the request of the applicant- provide accommodation during the
recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If
you are selected for an interview and you need accommodation- please contact
Job Family: Finance Job ID: R78787