Job Number 19131519
Job Category Human Resources
Location Delta Hotels Beausejour| 750 Main St| Moncton| New Brunswick|
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With our diverse portfolio of locations| you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-
renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a
Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the
hospitality job and career journey that|s right for you. With more than 1100
managed properties and 19 brands you|ll find Marriott International in your
neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™
at Delta Hotels.
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General
Manager| with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the
Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of
the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources
organization| he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist
knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable
for talent acquisition| succession/workforce planning| performance management
and development for property employees| using technology efficiently| and
coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives
in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable
independence| developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with
broader business objectives. Additionally| he/she utilizes a Human Resource
Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR
services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Business
Administration| or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the human resources| management
operations| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and
region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies|
plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads
succession planning activities on property and in the market| as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human
capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance
outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and
provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g.| retention
statistics| critical open positions| employee satisfaction| and training
initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources| as well as market-based
Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating
to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation| benefits|
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation
and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems|
tools| programs| policies| etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity
reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers|
particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’
Human Resources staff members| as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-
related human resource information to appropriately respond to property
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations
questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.